Pore strips from the store are pricey and often don’t remove all the dirt from the clogged pores. The store-bought pore strips work but are not perfect.
I found a recipe to make at home with only two simple ingredients from your kitchen cabinets.
While the mixture was drying on my face, it became tight and I was very hopeful that it would remove all the dirt or at least most from the pores on my face which are mostly on and around my nose.
Unfortunately, the this mixture did not work as well as I had hoped. The strip only pulled out two clearly visible dirt clogs. It did pull out many very small hard to see dirt clogs, but the overall effect what not what I had hoped.
I think trying this mixture on some sort of cloth to help the mixture set on the skin and be able to properly pull the strip off the face allowing the mixture to pull the dirt out with it before I chalk this recipe off as a fail.
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp un-flavored gelatin
- Mix both ingredients in a microwaveable bowl
- Microwave the ingredients for 12 seconds
- Apply the mixture to the desired areas of the face (I used the back of the spoon to apply a thick layer)
- Let the mixture dry completely about 15-30 minutes
- Peel off the strip and see results