My husbands birthday was on sunday so I decided to be a good wife and make him not one but two desserts. The first one that I made him was The Best White Cake Recipe Ever (This was seriously the title of the recipe) with Milk Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup whole milk (room temperature)
- 6 large egg whites (room temperature)
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Pre-heat over to 350°
- Prepare two 8 inch round pans, with butter and flour.
- In a medium bowl mix together the milk, eggs whites, and both extracts with a fork.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed.
- Cut butter into cubes and add to flour mix. Beat on low speed till combined.
- Add 1/2 milk mixture to flour and mix till combined.
- Add remaining milk to flour and mix.
- Pour batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
The cake was delicious, but I found it spongey and thick. It almost had a heavy angel food cake taste to it.
I found this E-Z Deco Icing Pen at Home Goods for $2.99. Great investment!