(This is my senior portrait from my yearbook – 2003)
- Your broken heart will heal, I promise. It will also break and heal again.
- Eventually you walk away from all the family drama and end up being stronger and more resilient because of it.
- It’s okay to be a little weird and sensitive and a bit of a nerd. You will meet some great people who will appreciate all that is unique about you.
- You will learn to mostly tame that wild hair of yours.
- It’s completely okay to have no clue who you are or who you want to be.
- Don’t spend too much time worrying about which boy likes you. You end up meeting the perfect guy when you least expect it, and he’s nothing like you thought he would be.
- Trust your gut instinct, it’s usually right.
- Girls in high school are mean because they are insecure. Actually, girls of any age are mean because they are insecure. The more you show confidence the more it pisses them off. Laugh it all off.
- Once you enter the “real world” nothing you did in high school or college really matters. It’s okay to make mistakes, you will make plenty, but it all turns out the way it’s supposed to.
- You have pale skin, very pale. Just put on the sunscreen even on days you don’t think you need it.
What advice do you wish you could give to your younger self?