The other night I made two small roast chickens with carrots and onions for dinner. Instead of throwing away everything that was left, I decided to turn the leftovers into Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
This is great because you get to use up food you would normally waste and just toss, plus the recipe isn’t strict. You can add or minus anything that you wish or that you had on hand.
The original dish was roast chicken with carrots and onions. I covered the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Baked till the chicken was completely cooked. The chicken was moist and full of natural flavor.
- 1 large (I used 2 small) chicken carcass’
- Chopped onion
- Chopped Carrots
- Chopped celery if desired
- Salt, pepper, sage, thyme, basil and any other varying spices you desire
- Cooked pasta (I cooked about 1/4 of a box of elbow macaroni)
- Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken by an inch.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and let simmer till the chicken falls off the bones. Around 2 hours.
- Pick out all the bones, skin, and other bits that you do not wish to eat.
- Make pasta according to directions, and pour drained pasta into the soup. Mix.
- Serve and Enjoy!