Do you ever buy something a few times in a row when you go grocery shopping even though you didn’t need it. I tend to do that a lot even though I go with a list. I always venture off the list especially if I’m hungry.
I ended up with a lot of apples in my fridge and was quickly running out of new ways to enjoy them. I found this idea here which I had never tried to do myself.
I brought the apple chips to work with me in an air tight container, and without really thinking about it I ate the whole batch in two days. Which is much healthier than snacking on chocolate; which I tend to find myself doing often. These were delicious without being too sweet. I will be making these again. I may even try this with the pears that have been sitting in my fridge that have not been assigned a recipe as of yet.
- Pre-heat oven to 200° F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Thinly slice apples; I used a mandolin slicer to get very thin consistent sizes.
- Spread the apple slices on the pan in a single layer.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon. I measured out 2 tablespoons of sugar and eye-balled the cinnamon. Mix this to your own taste.
- Bake for 1 hour. Flip apples, bake for another hour.
- Turn off oven and leave apples in the oven while it cools down for another hour.