Each year we seem to lose a few christmas tree ornaments to basement casualties and the tree was looking rather bare after decorating it. Instead of buying a bunch of new ornaments that have no sentimental value, Little Miss and I made our own. We had a ton of fun cutting out the shapes and painting them and now our tree is full of homemade ornaments and love.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 300° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour and salt. Add water and mix till it forms a dough.
- On a floured surface, roll out to the desired thickness.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes. Transfer to lined baking sheets. Poke a hole for string. (I used a straw to create uniform holes)
- Bake for 30 minutes. Ornaments should be hard but not brown.
- Let ornaments cool completely before painting.
- When dry, add string and hang on the tree.